The NNO has a vacancy for the following position:
Our orchestra gladly welcomes an excellent violinist, with communicative and leadership qualities, who is focused on cooperation and further development of our orchestra. If you recognize yourself in the job profile below and you want to be part of a contemporary orchestra with a variety of programming, then we would like to receive your application.
Audition date: 25 June 2019
Closing date for applications: 14 May 2019 at the latest
Starting date: Season 2019/2020
- be able to lead the first violin section (including guest players), guide and motivate the players.
- be the first point of contact between the orchestra and the artistic manager and conductor.
- be able to assist the management when required, in artistic or personnel matters regarding the first violin section or the whole orchestra.
- play an active consultative role; at special (outdoor)concerts, within the Artistic Committee and at orchestra meetings.
- be a team player who likes to play a connecting role within the orches-tra.
- have a positive, studious and flexible attitude.
Terms of employment:
- The contract is initially for a probationary period, becoming a permanent position if both parties are in agreement.
- Required to play 50% of the annual concert programs performed by the NNO. Additional tasks of the Concertmaster include attendance at auditions and orchestra meetings. Division of work to be agreed with joint leader Eeva Koskinen and the artistic manager.
- The Dutch Orchestras’ Collective Labour Agreement is applicable.
- Salary: negotiable
- Contribution to the ABP Pension Fund is compulsory.
There are three parts to the selection procedure:
An audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position.
After the audition committee has selected suitable candidates there will be interviews. During the interviews the candidates vision of the position, affinity with the orchestra, his/her social, leadership skills and qualities will be discussed and assessed. Based on the interviews the successful candidate may either be offered the position, or a test period of a number of concerts is first decided.
3. Leadership qualities
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
- Applications should be sent in writing (by email) and should include a motivation letter along with a Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicants should be either EU citizens or in possession of unrestricted Dutch work and residence permits. Selection for the audition will be made based on the written applications.
- The application, along with proof of nationality and copies of work and residence permits where required, must be received by 14 May 2019.
1. Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4 or 5 (1st movement) with cadenza.
2. First movement from one of the following violin concertos:
Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky or Sibelius.
3. Orchestral works.
Those candidates invited to audition will be notified of the required orchestral works.
For further information regarding terms of the contract please contact Hedi Boersema, NNO Personnel Advisor. For more information regarding the audition procedure please contact Aaltje Wouda, NNO Auditions Secretary.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone : +31 (0)50 3695800
The Northern Netherlands Symphony Orchestra (NNO) is a forward-thinking symphony orchestra based in Groningen. The orchestra performs adventurous new programs, as well as traditional symphonic repertoire at the highest level. The NNO believes that nothing surpasses a live classical music concert, where there is essential communication existing between the orchestra and its audience. The NNO is the orchestra of the North and has Groningen as its location.The NNO performs in concert halls, at outdoor events and festivals, and for school children. The orchestra also travels to other venues around the country such as the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, the Doelen in Rotterdam and TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht.
Antony Hermus is at present the Principal Guest Conductor, with Michel Tabachnik fulfilling the position of Conductor Emeritus. The NNO is currently comprised of 75 musicians. For more information please visit nno.nu.