The NNO requires a candidate to fill the following position:
Tutti Viola (50%)
Audition date : 2 December 2019
Closing date for applications : 14 October 2019
Starting date : As soon as possible
- Stamitz – Viola Concerto in D, first movement with cadenza
or Hoffmeister – Viola Concerto in D, first movement with cadenza
or Walton – Viola Concerto
or Hindemith – Der Schwanendreher, first movement
- Orchestral works.
Those candidates invited to audition will be notified of the required orchestral works.
Terms of employment:
- The contract is initially for a probationary period, which can be extended, becoming a permanent position if both parties are in agreement.
- Contract: 50%
- Salary: scale 1 as in the Dutch Orchestras’ Collective Labour Agreement.
- Contribution to the ABP Pension Fund is compulsory.
- There are two parts to the selection procedure. Firstly an audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position. Secondly, an interview takes place in which the candidates affinity with the orchestra, his/her social skills and qualities will be discussed and assessed.
- Applications should be sent in writing (by email) indicating motivation for applying along with a Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicants should be either EU citizens or in possession of unrestricted Dutch work and residence permits. Selection for the audition will be made based on the written applications.
- The application, along with proof of nationality and copies of work and residence permits where required, must be received by 14 October 2019.
The audition will take place in Groningen. For further information regarding terms of the contract please contact Hedi Boersema, NNO Personnel Advisor. For more information regarding the audition procedure please contact Aaltje Wouda, NNO Auditions Secretary.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone : +31 (0)50 3695800
The Northern Netherlands Symphony Orchestra (NNO) is a forward-thinking symphony orchestra based in Groningen. The orchestra performs adventurous new programs, as well as traditional symphonic repertoire at the highest level. The NNO believes that nothing surpasses a live classical music concert, where there is essential communication existing between the orchestra and its audience.
The NNO is the orchestra of the North and has Groningen as its location.
The NNO performs in concert halls, at outdoor events and festivals, and for school children. The orchestra also travels to other venues around the country such as the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, the Doelen in Rotterdam and TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht.
Antony Hermus is at present the Principal Guest Conductor, with Michel Tabachnik fulfilling the position of Conductor Emeritus. The NNO is currently comprised of 75 musicians. For more information please visit nno.nu.